Jeez, I like the look...
Share your doubts about the iron, for sure. But they look well built. More than I would ever / could ever pay, but they at least look nice - to me.
Pair Altec Hollywood 323 6L6 350B Tube Power Amplifiers - eBay (item 260508175581 end time Nov-26-09 22:06:43 PST)
These things look like crap and I highly doubt that the iron is peerless. I wouldn?t pay the shipping cost if they were giving them away.
Jeez, I like the look...
Share your doubts about the iron, for sure. But they look well built. More than I would ever / could ever pay, but they at least look nice - to me.

They should not be branded Altecs regardless of how they look.
It is totally fraudulent...I report them to eBay, if enough others did the same we might get some action.
I could order Chinese speakers and put fake Altec labels on. Same thing. They aren't Altec.
Your neighbors called. They like your music.

I was looking at some audio sites over there,Japan,etc...You should see the prices they get for Altec stuff by him putting the Altec name on them he will quadruple what he would ordinarily get for them.Outrageous !!!That's why they are buying up all the stuff on eBay and then they sell it over there and make a tremendous Profit.
![]()
Yeah, the thing is not real Altec, so maybe "Altec Copy" or "Altec Inspired" might be a better title.
Since he's in Korea, he can probably put whatever he wants on the faceplate. Don't know if eBay can do anything about it.
FWIW, the Japanese have been buying up Altec & W.E. stuff for 30 years for more. They've even combed Africa for the stuff. To their credit, they have likely kept a lot of it from being junked.

Your neighbors called. They like your music.
To his defense, it looks like he's used quite a bit of genuine hardware...... although, I'm not sure it's such a good idea to use the old capacitors (the smaller ones).
Audio_by_Goodwill
Michigan, USA
The fronts are gorgeous.
Bookmarks